Till now, you might have heard about many health benefits and therapeutic properties of CBD. Every day researchers are trying to find out proof for these claims. People nowadays suffer from many chronic illness and lifestyle diseases. One of the common diseases is hypertension or high blood pressure. Though it might be common it can lead to serious health problems like cardiovascular diseases, stroke, heart attack and aneurysm.
Many people wonder, is CBD legal! Well, CBD market is growing rapidly throughout the world, including the UK. If you are careful, you can buy CBD online without any worry. You can get high-quality CBD products manufactured in the U.S. through Just CBD store. They have a third party certified quality assurance. Explore their range of CBD products that use only natural ingredients. As for a vegan, you can try out their vegan CBD gummies. You can also buy some CBD treat for your pet.
What Is Hypertension?
We also call hypertension high blood pressure in layman’s term. When the heart pumps blood, it is carried throughout the body through blood vessels. Hypertension is a condition where the blood flow has persistently high force. This constant force can damage the vessels, arteries and veins.
The common causes that lead to hypertension are –
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Alcohol consumption
- High salt intake
- Deficiency of vitamin D
- Insufficient calcium, potassium or magnesium
- Other medical conditions
How Does CBD Help in Reducing Hypertension?
There is no evidence that points out that CBD can reduce hypertension directly. However, it does have some indirect effect when hypertension is related to stress and anxiety.
- Anxiety – National Institute for Drug Abuse has conducted some animal studies that show that CBD is helpful in reducing anxiety among the test subjects. Symptoms like heart palpitation, rapid heart rate and high blood pressure are far less after the intake of CBD.
- Anti-inflammatory property – According to research CBD can help in reducing inflammation in the blood vessels and thus may reduce the damage caused by the high force of blood flow in the vessels. It allows the blood to flow in a relaxed manner.
- Analgesic property – National Institute of Health (NIH) states that acute pain can increase blood pressure. With CBD’s ability to inhibit the pain receptors of the brain, you can get relief from acute and chronic pain.
- You need good sleep – High blood pressure often makes you feel fatigued. This lack of energy can have many reasons apart from stress. CBD can stimulate the endocannabinoid system to regulate the function of the adrenal gland. Along with the quality of sleep, your overall health would get better.
Does CBD Interact with Blood Pressure Medication?
With any medication, there are some restrictions to allow the medicine to take effect. CBD also impacts the affectivity of blood pressure medication. Low doses do not show much difference. However, high doses minimize the medicinal effect. Ask your doctor before committing to CBD for high blood pressure and also determine the right dosage for you.